What is ITIL Certification?
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Limited) is an internationally accepted and appreciated IT service management certification. It is the framework that states the complete processes and features of an entire IT service lifestyle model. It covers from the level of development through the installation up to the support of IT services.
How valuable is ITIL Certification?
- International recognition
- Getting expertise over the IT world
- A proof of your competency
- Higher salaries
- Esteemed title
- Highly demanded in the industry
- Gives to an opportunity to work with the top-level professionals
Stages of ITIL Certification:
To be specific, there are a total of 5 ITIL Certification Levels–
- ITIL Foundation- It is the entry-level certification in this field. It covers the basics of ITIL frameworks in just a single training course and test. It is an introduction to the vast world of ITIL. It discusses the usage of ITIL. It is a quality enhancement services that offered in relation with other aspects of the management and thus shows you the process of becoming a certified individual. It is mostly suitable for those who want to kick start the process with stability and also want to prepare themselves.
- ITIL Practitioner- This qualification will provide you the insights into the ITIL world. In foundation qualification, you will learn the ‘why’ and ‘what’. In practitioner, you will get to know the ‘how’. It comprises critical organizational change management, measurements, metrics and communication. ITIL practitioners are innovative in nature as they gather knowledge and data from DevOps and lean-to build something new in a new and innovative way. From here, you can further move to the intermediate qualification.
- ITIL Intermediate- Once you complete the practitioner course, you will be introduced to the intermediate level. Here two mains streams exist, which are Service Life cycle Stream and the Service Capability Stream. You can go for individual modules here at this level. However, if you are looking forward to go through the ITIL qualification scheme, you will have to earn 17 credits minimum. After Life cycle module is done, at that stage you would have earn 22 credits, which can be used for your expert certification.
- ITIL Expert- After the completion of the intermediate, you will move forward to become an expert and if you have earned sufficient credits and the required knowledge. Then it is made for you, in case if you want to get in-depth knowledge, and want to take hands-on experience on ITIL. Here you will learn the demonstration part of the scheme. Also, you will get ample amount of knowledge to step into the next level.
- ITIL Master- You have to gather strong knowledge and good performance record in the field of expert certification. You should also have the experience of working in IT service management for a minimum of 5 years, all in leadership, managerial or advisory levels. Also, you must have enough practical experience of ITIL activities and implementation for real. Firstly you have to apply for ITIL master. You can only go further if it is accepted. You need to submit a proposal. Then, if it is successful, you will be asked to submit a work package. In the final stage, you will go through an interview. If you perform well in front of the panel and can showcase your values and skills in front of them, then you will be given the ITIL Certification and you will become a certified ITIL professional.
What are the differences?
ITIL Foundation is the level where the beginners can participate and get can the basic information only. After completing the foundation level, the candidates are eligible for the practitioner level, where the participants can increase their capabilities. The next part is the intermediate level, where the candidates can gather detailed information about ITIL training rather than foundation and practitioner level. After that, in the next part, there is an expert level has taken place. In this part, the candidates who have already completed their previous training and gathered excellent knowledge can get their certificates for this training. At last, at the master level, participants try to complete various practical assignments to gather more experience about this ITIL certification training.