1. The best home security companies oﬀer a full line of “take-over” devices that allow you to upgrade your current security equipment to the most advanced system available. If you are upgrading a system with a fair amount of existing equipment, this is an important consideration.
2. Top alarm companies offer multiple specialized sensor options for your doors and windows include recessed, plunger, and bypass – providing custom solutions for nearly any installation scenario.
3. It is optimal to be able to open and close your garage door with the same keyfob you use for your alarm system. You can also control it with a smartphone thanks to Z-wave products that interface with most garage door brands.
4. Protect your home from frozen and broken water pipes and furnace and air conditioning failure with this multi-purpose sensor. Top home security companies provide sensors that can serve double duty. Check to see if multi-function sensors are available with your system.
5. Triple-duty detectors are found on the best security systems that can activate the system when it senses smoke and high and low temperatures.