Email is considered the official tool for communication in every public and private sector. But sometimes this blessing brings some unwanted hazards in our mailbox. Every day numerous emails deliver to the inbox. But only about 20-35% of them are solicited. Countless promotional mails, spam mails and phishing mails clutter your inbox. Some companies keep sending irrelevant advertisements. And those lottery emails claiming million dollar fortunes and asking for bank details are the serious threat to the security. To organize your mail box and to secure your account, you need to block those unwanted spammers. Thanks to Hotmail for providing us a user-friendly technique to block those malicious senders. Here are some easy step by step guidelines to block any unwanted email address in Hotmail.
Steps to block an Email address in Hotmail:
Protect your account with these easy 11 steps.
- Launch Hotmail in your browser.
- Now login to your Hotmail account with the Windows Live username and password.
- Your account overview page with dashboard will appear on the page.
- There may be a number of unread Hotmail. If we assume that the number is X then at the top of the page you can see the sign Hotmail(X). Click on that.
- That Hotmail will launch you in your inbox.
- In the top right corner of the page, you can view the Options. Click on the Options to select More Options.
- The More Option will launch you on the account settings page.
- In the account settings section, you will find Safe and Block Senders under the Prevent Junk Email section. To open the safe and block senders list click on that.
- Now click on the ‘Block Sender’ to start the operation of blocking.
- Now insert the email address of the sender you want to block in the box just beside of the Blocked Email address or Domain.
- In the final stage, click on the Add to List to block the sender. Now the sender will not able to send you any mail from that email id.
Steps to unblock a sender
If you block a sender mistakenly, then you can also unblock him easily. Here are the steps to unblock a sender in your Hotmail account:
- Login to your Hotmail account with valid credentials.
- Now follow above stated Step 3 – 8 to view the Blocked Senders list. Now click on the contact which you want to unblock and then click on the Remove from the List.
- Now your contact is unblocked and you can receive communication from that sender in your inbox.
Read more :