The aftermath of a car crash in Rochester can be frightening. Unfortunately, such accidents are not uncommon in New York. Immediate after the accident, you must inform the local police. If someone is seriously injured, you need to call 911 without delay. It is also necessary to inform your insurer without delay. Once the dust has settled and you have received medical care, consider talking to an attorney. Below are some evident signs that you need a Rochester personal injury attorney for your car accident case.
- You suffered serious injuries. Car accidents often cause serious head, spinal cord, back, and neck injuries. If you have sustained injuries that can impact your ability to have a normal life, you definitely need an attorney to evaluate the worth of your claim.
- You don’t want to deal with the insurance company. If you have doubts about getting a fair settlement from your insurer, you may not be wrong. Insurance companies are here to make money, and they don’t care for your injuries or losses. Get an attorney so that you don’t have to work with the insurance representative directly.
- The other driver is accusing you of causing the accident. If you were partly at fault for the accident and the other driver files a lawsuit, you may have a situation to manage. To understand the contributory negligence laws of NY, you must consider hiring a lawyer.
- There were multiple parties at fault. What happens when you have lost a loved one in a car accident? Who is liable for your loss if there were multiple parties involved? In such circumstances, it is always wise to get a lawyer who can evaluate your options. Injury lawyers often rely on accident construction to prove fault and liability.
- The insurance company is adhering to bad faith insurance tactics. If the claims adjuster uses tactics to deny or delay your claim, you unquestionably need to lawyer up. The insurance representative may fail to investigate a case, raise false allegations, or may even misinterpret the terms & conditions of your coverage. You need an attorney who can see through these tactics and negotiate smartly to get a fair settlement.
Hiring a personal injury attorney is also about having unbiased legal advice. You can expect your lawyer to explain your rights so that you don’t settle for less. It is wise to get an attorney soon after the accident to investigate the cause and gather evidence.